Slouching Towards Oblivion

Friday, June 26, 2015

Just Thinking

Spit-ballin' may be a better word for what I'm doing, but no matter - this is just a silly blog that's practically invisible, so I get to blather away to my little heart's content.

Here in USAmerica Inc, we have an attention span roughly equivalent to the life expectancy of a meth-addicted fruit fly, so I'd better get this one bit of "thinking" out of my head and onto the InterToobz posthaste.

On the matter of The Confederate Battle Flag, and the various monuments and statues of the heroes of The CSA etc, here's the thing:

Ya gotta figure there were plenty of Tories left in this joint in about 1783, so I'm wondering why we don't see any statues or monuments in the USA commemorating George III.  And where are all those elementary schools named after Benastre Tarleton, and Charlie Cornwallis?  

It's a wonderment.

No comments:

Post a Comment