Slouching Towards Oblivion

Friday, September 11, 2009

8 Years Ago Today

09-11-09
I don't much like Sept 11th. Sitting at home that day, watching the whole thing on TV - I remember being scared and confused; and then, as it all got pieced together, I remember just being really pissed off. Back then it was easy to direct it at the bad guys who hijacked the planes and caused the suffering. Since then, those feelings have morphed into a kind of overall distaste for how we've allowed the events of that day to be used to manipulate us.

I guess I could spend the rest of the year trying to think my way thru all of this in an attempt to put it into some form of meaningful language, and maybe someday I'll get it sorted out enough to do that - but for now, I have to find some satisfaction in the process of working thru it and in the understanding that resolution will come in in its own good time.

How long will it be before we see the ads on TV for the "Big 9-11 Tent Sale" down at the local furniture warehouse? WIll it be a good thing or a bad thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment