Slouching Towards Oblivion

Friday, March 26, 2010

Awakening

I guess the pendulum swings. I bailed on the Dems in the late 70's because they were veering too sharply left. I split from the Repubs in the late 80's because they were lurching badly to the right.

Here's a look at the continuing erosion in the numbers of Likely Voters who are willing to self-describe as Repub.

I suspect there are many reasons, but I think it has an awful lot to do with the Drama Queen rhetoric that Repubs seem totally enthralled with. People are starting to get hip to their tricks.

One small point: the upturn for the Dems doesn't equal the downturn for the Repubs; and since there's also a bit of a dip in Independent totals, I think it means some people are just walking away from the Repubs. Short-term, it should mean Repubs get spanked on Election Day, but longer-term, if the Dems can't attract significant numbers of disaffected Repubs, then Repubs can regroup and come back once they get their shit together (aka: getting your wingnuts under control).

No comments:

Post a Comment