Slouching Towards Oblivion

Monday, November 22, 2010

Campaign Optics

This is awful and low-down and disgusting - so that's why I have to do it.  Maybe my internal governor has slipped a notch or two; maybe I'm actually as cynical as some people tell me I am.  Whatever.  I think Sarah Palin continues to drag her kids onto the stage for cold and calculated reasons.  One is that she gets the benefits (ie: points for being Mama Grizzly - showing her "Pro-Family" bona fides etc).  BTW, how come the rubes NEVER get wise to  being manipulated into thinking that somewhere there's a politician who's actually Anti-Family?  Sorry - little side trip there.

Here's the awful, low-down and disgusting thing I wanted to say:
Aside from exploiting Trigg for purposes of reminding the rubes of her status as Uber-Parent, it wouldn't surprise me to find out she thinks it makes her look smart by comparison.

So as awful and low-down and disgusting as it may be for me to say it, that's how awful and low-down and disgusting I think Palin actually is.

No comments:

Post a Comment