Slouching Towards Oblivion

Saturday, January 01, 2011

Closing It Out

John Noah Roberts: Dec 16, 1927 - Dec 31, 2010

I could tell you all that he was a bull-headed, stiff-necked son of a snow ball, but anybody who knew my dad at all knew that much.

I could tell you that this ham-fisted hard ass was a complete pushover for strawberry ice cream, but if I dwell on that, I'll fall apart.

So I can just say that he lived and loved on his own terms.  I'm not sure I can expect much more than that from anybody.

God bless the man with a living thinking brain. God bless the mind that forms the thoughts that direct the hands that can make anything; fix anything; any time; for anybody.  And God bless the hands that held me as a child, and molded my future as a man.

God bless you, Pop. God speed you on your way, and know always that you were loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment