Slouching Towards Oblivion

Monday, May 16, 2011

At Random

I just picked (everybody's favorite crazy) Uncle Ron here to illustrate a point.  One of the basic features of political rhetoric is the hypothetical If/Then/Else: "If we do (or don't) adopt my (or my opponent's) policy, then this or that terrible (or really great) thing will (or won't) happen".

They all say this shit all the time, and I have yet to hear any of the Press Poodles ask any one of 'em the basic question:
"Can you give me some examples of predictions you've made that actually came true?"
--AND--
"What predictions have you made that turned out not to be true?"

And when they give you the inevitable bunkum about how "the policy didn't fail; those other guys just failed to do it right", then you could possibly point out that that's almost exactly what some guys in the former USSR said about communism.

No comments:

Post a Comment