Slouching Towards Oblivion

Friday, May 06, 2011

OBL Pix

I don't think I care one way or the other about the death pix of Osama bin Laden.  They constitute a document of some historical import, but I think the probability is high that they'd be seen as trophies, and that just increases the probability of some asshole using them to justify doing something shitty.  If we can make or keep more friends by tucking them safely away in the archives, then OK; let's do that.

The really interesting thing is what Sarah Palin came up with tho'.  She tweeted something about how releasing the pictures would serve as a warning to others who want to do us harm. I dunno how to break this to ya, sweetheart, but I have serious doubts that a potential suicide bomber will be deterred in any way if we threaten to kill him.

Where do these people get this shit?

No comments:

Post a Comment