Slouching Towards Oblivion

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Reconstruction (update)

Got here at about 8am Thur, 7-28; going home today (Sun 7-31) at about 11am.  It's weird because I don't feel that much different in some respects.  eg: It hurts a lot when I move in certain ways.   I have to remember that Dr Browne has fixed the main dysfunctions, and so the main causes of pain in my hip are gone now, replaced by new causes of pain, but ones which will heal and improve, and cause less pain as time passes.

There's a subtle shift in mindset that actually flips me over from entropy and disintegration, to  an outlook considerably more in keeping with my general expectations for improvement and advancement.

I think a lot of people see me as cynical, but I believe my outlook is pretty optimistic.  I think you have to work pretty hard to maintain an appropriate level of skepticism, so I'm sure that gets misperceived as cynicism.  What I'm talking about is pushing things forward, gently or aggressively, according to what the facts dictate is possible to achieve.  For the first time in a good stretch of years, I have the feeling that on a personal level, I have a real shot at making things better.  I'm enough of a Randian to understand that as I make myself better for myself, I have a better shot at making the rest of my little corner of the world better for everybody who shares it with me.  That's how it's always worked before anyway, so here's hopin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment