Slouching Towards Oblivion

Monday, March 19, 2012

Today's Internet Lore

A pretty fair PhotoShop depiction, and an interesting perspective on the status of our political dialog.


Today I posted an image called "Fox News killed my mother." Because it did. It was the most widely circulated image I've ever posted. But, after about an hour I could no longer read any of the comments. Still can't. And some of you have messaged me to say you can't see it. So here it is again. This time, my explanation will be in the first comment instead of here. Basically my mother fell and refused to go to the doctor because she was afraid that "Obamacare" would get information about her and use it in their "death panels." Since then several of you shared identical experiences. This is how their fear mongering is killing our nation, one person at a time, one lie at a time.
(via Democratic Underground)

I have no way of confirming this so my own Confirmation Bias may be in effect, but this is  how this shit can play out over time.  People start to believe whatever you tell them if you tell them often enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment