Slouching Towards Oblivion

Thursday, August 02, 2012

Connections

Before the crash in 2008-2009, I remember coming across certain stories of how the US economy was doing - how different states were faring in "America's Lost Decade" - and it seemed like I often saw Utah highlighted on the charts and graphs and maps and stuff - and I couldn't help but wonder what's up widdat?  What's so great about what they're doing in Utah; or how they're doin' it?

Then, today, I stumble across this piece of "loonie leftie" news at Democracy Now, and I can finally stop wondering.

My revelation came at about the 30:00 mark when they were talking more about massive federal spending ($1.3 - 1.5 Billion) on none other than Willard's Wonderland, aka: 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City.

(hat tip = Crooks and Liars)



What is it about investing our tax dollars in the economic infrastructure that we just can't figure out?  And what is it about the lyin' sacks of shit "on the right" that we refuse to recognize?

No comments:

Post a Comment