Slouching Towards Oblivion

Friday, November 09, 2012

The Popular Vote

Yesterday, I was thinking maybe the election wasn't the mandate politicians are always trying to claim they have.

Well, if this keeps up, I may hafta change my tune a little...










...cuz a difference of 3,000,000 votes does not indicate "a closely divided nation".

You can run all the opinion polls you want.  The only one that really matters is the one where people get up off their asses and cast votes to express their will.

I know I'm a hard-ass about this, but as far as I'm concerned, if you don't have the gumption to go out and vote when you have the chance, you can just shut up and step aside - the rest of us would like to get a little work done without listenin' to you flappin' your gums all day about how shitty you think everything is.

No comments:

Post a Comment