Slouching Towards Oblivion

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Today In Good Government (updated)

And now, a message from the US Senate for the 90% of Americans who want sensible and reasonable regulations for gun ownership:


There is no soul and no honor in American politics anymore - not when the senate can't even scrape together enough courage to vote in favor of voting on the matter of some pretty simple rules about selling guns.

And way too many Press Poodles keep telling us "the measure failed".  The measure didn't fail; the measure was never voted on.

I'll have to take a day or two off, as I try to get the stench of this latest sorry episode out of my nostrils.

It occurs to me though, that some of these Coin-Operated Politicians pull this kinda shit on purpose.  If enough of us are disgusted enough by the way these assholes behave, then maybe enough of us will just throw up our hands and walk away - leaving them to do their shitty little deals without being seen by the people they're supposed to represent.  If I stay too close to this junk, I start feeling like I should be throwing furniture at people's heads.

I'll be back - and I'll be watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment