Slouching Towards Oblivion

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Creeping Paganism - Cont'd

As a kind of postscript:

In my haste to slag Liz Trotta's performance on Puppet Show Central, I forgot to mention this other stuff.

First, she mentioned "creeping paganism" as if Wicca or whatever is the only possible alternative to her religious belief.  If I don't worship her god in the same way she worships her god, then I'm obviously on my knees praying to Stink Weed or some fuckin' thing.  Jeesus, these people.

Second, Trotta and most of the other Goddies are always trying to convince me they know best when it comes to my 'salvation' - a conclusion that has no merit, because their premise - that I am somehow 'fallen' - is false.

I am not fallen - you just made that shit up.

But here's the thing:  The purveyors of this theocratic junk are always on about how their mumbo jumbo is the true mumbo jumbo because they've studied their mumbo jumbo and they know everything there is to know about mumbo jumbo.

Bunkum, says I.

You can't know that your mumbo jumbo is the best mumbo jumbo until or unless you know every bit as much about all the other mumbo jumbo as you claim to know about your own mumbo jumbo.

C'mon - do ya really think the Zalmoxians weren't just as fervent about their made-up shit 1500 years ago?

In the end, because we know Religion has evolved over a coupla hundred thousand years, all we're talking about here is a kind of Brand Loyalty.  Let it go.


1 comment:

  1. Right on. The mumbo jumbo trump card fully exposed as trumping only its own self-referential mumbo jumbo. OK, everyone in rhythm now to the tune of the hokey pokey. Ready? A-one, and a-two, and... "You do the mumbo jumbo and you turn yourself around--buh dum--that's what it's all about!"
    JR

    ReplyDelete