Slouching Towards Oblivion

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Potentially Great News

We won't have Ol' Vaginal Bob to kick around anymore.

From The Richmonder blog via Democratic Underground:
Multiple sources in Richmond's legal community have confirmed to me that the investigation of Star Scientific by state and federal prosecutors turned up what they feel is sufficient evidence to charge Virginia's Republican Governor Bob McDonnell and his wife Maureen with one or more felonies and in consequence, McDonnell is attempting to negotiate his resignation in exchange for no prosecution of Virginia's first couple.
There seems to be a pretty good chance for this thing to splash a fair bit of sludge on Kenny The Kooch as well.


One other thing that remains is to see if Eric Cantor has been taking any steps to insulate himself from the fallout.  Prob'ly a pretty good bet that has/is, so I called Cantor's DC office for a statement, and the guy who answered the phone told me he wasn't "at liberty to talk about it", and that also he wasn't allowed to tell me when or if there would be any statement coming from Mr Cantor.

He did tell me I could check here: http://majorityleader.gov/Newsroom/

I'll keep checking and get back to ya'll if I learn anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment