Slouching Towards Oblivion

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Just Thinkin'


Each of my eyes is made up of about 6 million cells, and each of those cells is made up of about 100 trillion atoms.

Add the hundreds of trillions of atoms that make up all the other cells just in the rest of my Central Nervous System, and you get a number that's as difficult to comprehend as the universe itself.

But consider this:  every one of those atoms was created in the core of a star billions of years ago.  And now, those atoms making up the cells making up my eyes allow me to capture and analyze and appreciate the energies released from the same process that went into creating my ability to capture and analyze and appreciate...

Like the man said, "We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."



1 comment:

  1. ...and sometimes the specks are ginormous. Know what? No, what? That's what I just said. From one speck to another: Way cool.
    JR

    ReplyDelete