Slouching Towards Oblivion

Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Hucksters And Pimps

Hucksters come in many guises.  Some are wearing diapers and onesies, and they're just trying to hustle you for one more cookie before bedtime.  Or they have a ring on their left hand, and they swear eternal love while plotting to throw you over.  But those aren't all that bad really.  Shit happens and ya deal.

The worst of the worst are dressed in the vestments of the clergy, or they have lapel pins in the shape of the American flag, or they're wearing Business Casual.  And all of 'em pimp the baloney of collapse and disaster and the end of the world as we know it; and "ONLY my special brand of salvation can help you, so give me lots of the money that I just told you is worthless so I can save you from the horrors I am constantly inventing in order to keep you fearful and therefore dependent on my guidance" blah blah blah.



The best part for me was when he finally launched into his pitch for Galt's Gulch.  Fucking classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment