Slouching Towards Oblivion

Friday, November 01, 2013

Cloudy Tonight

Brighter Days --Loggins & Messina



I've seen brighter
I've known brighter days
Lying alone in the shade
(Of a manzanita)

It's been sweeter
Bitter sweeter days
I know it's not for always
But all I can say is
I've seen better days

Is summer gone
Has it been that long
I guess that's what seasons will bring
I'm caught again
in the Autumn wind
But I remember spring

For I've seen brighter days
Seen lighter places to stay
along my way
Oh, I've seen brighter days

I've seen warmer
soft and warmer nights
Lying with love by my side
(in the Sycamores)
There've been finer, yeah
I've seen mighty finer nights
Knowing what's wrong or what's right
It just don't matter
when you're in warmer nights

But here I am
Like a sea blown wind
under my thunder and rain
I'll ride the waves
'Til the sunny day
comes to me again

Oh, I've seen brighter days
Seen lighter places to stay
along my way
Oh, I've seen brighter days

No comments:

Post a Comment