Slouching Towards Oblivion

Monday, February 03, 2014

Ouch

If ya saw my post from yesterday, you may have tho't I'm not the football freak that I actually am.   Football's my game, but it really bothers me when it gets all mashed up with the US military and god-bothering and compulsory patriotism and hyper consumerism and a need to see ourselves in soft-focus that strikes me as more than just a little creepy; I guess it just seems like we're putting all those things together and synthesizing a kind of national religion, and it bugs me.

Speaking of bugs - I don't recall seeing this, but they tell me it ran last nite:



BTW - I grew up hating to love the Broncos because it seemed like they were always just good enough to break your heart (SB #'s 32 and 33 notwithstanding of course), and last night was a good example.  Denver has now lost more Super Bowls than any other team, and they're the proud owners of 3 out of the top 4 blowout losses in Super Bowl history.  That's my guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment