Slouching Towards Oblivion

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Cuz It's Hard To See

An awful lot of people came to love Archie Bunker because the perverse twist in American TV Culture is that sometimes the characters meant to be the Negative Exemplars morph into "the guys telling the real truth" - the ones who're just speaking from their hearts, ignoring the imposition of Political Correctness blah blah blah.  They're supposed to show the deep dark id of the lower brain, but somehow way too many of us mistake it for what I think is a pretty fucked up version of child-like innocence.



If I'm a racist asshole, then I'm a racist asshole.  And if I don't know I'm a racist asshole, then it just means I have some work to do; particularly on my Self Awareness.  It doesn't mean it's OK to say whatever stoopid thing that pops into my skull just because I don't know it's a stoopid thing to say.  AND, it doesn't mean I get to go on choosing to remain stoopid.

No comments:

Post a Comment