Slouching Towards Oblivion

Friday, February 13, 2015

Today's Unsociable Media

So I had a brief encounter with a coupla Facebook friends today.


It starts out OK - the guy posting it was trying (I tho't) to call attention to the fact that here in USAmerica Inc, the government (meaning us) shouldn't be trying to dictate what a woman has to wear in order to be in line with some bullshit arbitrary standard according to some bullshit arbitrary theocrat's taste or style sensibilities, or whatever it is he deems appropriate as far as them gals bein' seen in public.

But then it degenerates into this shitty little Mean-Girls-High-School-Fuck-Around-Festival-Of-Shaming, followed closely by a doubling down of rationalizations that seem to indicate an almost total lack of self-awareness (maybe even deliberately so), and I'm left to cogitate over how easy it is to get carried along with doing exactly the opposite of what it seems you were trying to do in the first place(?)

It is a wonderment - even tho' I've been guilty of riding that donkey too.  But y'know what?  Fuck that.  You're supposed to have learned a few things by the time you hit - oh, I dunno - sixty-fucking-years-old!

Here's the thing, kids:  Shaming somebody for anything having to do with their condition as a human being is not OK.  Do you really hold yourself in such high regard? Or is it that your own self-worth is so lousy you have to go out of your way to shit on somebody else to make yourself feel - what - funny, clever, hip, or just better somehow?  Any way you cut it, Skeezix, those are your problems - and while I'm happy to do what I can to help you deal with 'em, don't expect me to carry 'em around for you, while you look for a convenient victim to stomp on.

In the end - you pull that shit - you're just a fuckin' bully.


Well said, Girl In Yoga Pants.  Well said indeed.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on this 100% Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alan. I caught a ton o' shit for that one on FB - good to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete