Slouching Towards Oblivion

Friday, July 21, 2017

He Knows

Obama knows a lot.  One of the things he knows (that I never really recognized, much less gave him any credit for) is that sometimes not saying what's on your mind is an OK thing.


I'm not trying to rationalize here. I'm trying to get my head around how decent this guy truly is.


He knew what was going on - what "The Left" has been saying forever - but when he was being The President, he mostly kept his mouth shut about how shitty the Repubs had allowed their party to get. He only opened up when he was in full campaign mode.

Maybe he should've let fly. Things would certainly be different now if he had, but different doesn't necessarily mean better. So it's all speculation - Coulda Shoulda Woulda.

What we know for sure is that in the face of all the shit they threw at him, he was still doing everything he could do to be everybody's POTUS.

"When they go low, we go high."

I've always phrased that one a little differently: "Come at my knees and I'll take your fuckin' head off".

But I'm workin on it, Prez. Honest I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment