Slouching Towards Oblivion

Saturday, August 04, 2018

What We're Talking About

Maybe I'm trying to be a little too much of a Big-Brain, but I've had to push back against "liberals" who've been taking shots at Chris Coons for doing this - not the fact that he's doing it, but the way he does it - "very dry and sterile".


Criticism of someone's style is legit. If you don't like the way the message is presented, it's less likely you'll take the message in and fully absorb it. But if we're just indulging ourselves in Anti-Intellectualism, we risk missing the point entirely, and that's decidedly unhelpful. The other side is quite accomplished when it comes to dumping on the Dems - they don't need our assistance.

And I don't need some kind of School House Rock version, if that's what you're getting at. I'm not a fucking child - I don't require spoon-feeding by way of entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment