Slouching Towards Oblivion

Sunday, January 06, 2019

Public Econ 101


The system of Corporate Welfare because of the revolving multi-dimensional doors between Congress, the Executive, and the Private Sector - all of that has to be squashed.

It's hard not to go along with the "radical left" when they tell me there's only the illusion of choice - a false image of democracy - here in USAmerica Inc.

Do your reading:


We have some real problems, and pushing back against those who want to keep this thing under a Minority Rule regime will take decades - generations prob'ly.

But we know how to start.  Because we have started - we gave ourselves a fair start last November. We know we've finally got the thing going, even as we struggle with fully recognizing that we've actually begun anything.

Yeah, OK, that last bit was a little weird and wishy-washy. The point though is that we've taken the good first step in that Confucius-ey journey of a thousand miles.

  • HR1 is a solid message, and a great place to start the 116th Congress.
  • AOC's proposal to raise the marginal tax rate is a good one.
  • Bernie's ideas on Single Payer Healthcare are good ones.
  • Hillary's approach to a graduated minimum Wage Raise is a good one.

We didn't fuck it all up yesterday. We're not going to get all of it unfucked by tomorrow.

And one election don't mean jack shit if we go back to letting the bad guys keep us divided. If we let the Bots and the Trolls convince us that our fellow travelers are the enemy. That it can only be a choice between Perfection and Nothing-At-All.

I'm not against the BernieBros - I'm not fed up with the HillBots - Im not going to shit on Left-Leaning Libertarians - just because I don't align perfectly with everything they say.

I'm even going to work on being more OK with Republicans for that matter - as long they're not completely fuckin' crazed, and there's some common ground that I think I can find.


I'll not be perfect in this quest. It's more than a little likely that I'll be as combative and caustic and asshole-ish as I've always been. I won't be withdrawing from the field and ceding the outcome to anyone. But I'm going to try to be more aware that I need help from as many people as possible to get the things on my agenda done.

No comments:

Post a Comment