Slouching Towards Oblivion

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Try This One On


I'm the youngest of the 4 kids my mom had before her 24th birthday.

None of us was "planned" in the way we think of Family Planning these days, but whatever the details, my folks had no intention of having more than 4 of us. 

They got 4 kids out of 5 pregnancies.

There was a "miscarriage" (aka Spontaneous Abortion) after the birth of her 3rd child and, obviously, before she became pregnant with me, and she was advised to go ahead with a Dilation & Curettage as a little insurance for her continued reproductive functionality.

Even in the early 1950s - more than 20 years before Roe v Wade - a safe and legal procedure was available through an appropriately-regulated healthcare system. 

Any way I care to look at it, there's more than just a slim probability that I owe my very existence to abortion.

Never forget what "conservatives" are trying to take away from us - from all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment