Slouching Towards Oblivion

Monday, February 14, 2022

It's Confusing

I think the Super Bowl halftime show yesterday was pretty good - and not because "conservatives" hated it. That's a plus, but it's not the thing for me.

I'm not at all a fan of Rap or Hip Hop or whatever the specific genres and sub-genres are called these days, and even though I wasn't paying all that much attention to it - because I've never paid much attention to halftime shows - I managed to perceive some pretty decent musicality on stage. There was some music in that music.

But I'm confused because the consensus seems to be that if you liked it, then according to "conservatives" you're hedonistic and over-sexualized and you're the reason for the downfall of the empire.

But, according to the 18-34 gang, if you liked it, then you're old, and fossilized, and culturally ignorant because - c'mon man - Snoop Dogg?


So, being all typically American and shit, I'll go with that egocentric thing we usually pull out of our asses at times like these, and say I must be doing something right cuz everybody's telling me I'm wrong.

Besides, what do want? You wanna bring back the Rockettes? Elvis impersonators? Up With People?

How 'bout that Disney clusterfuck from 1977?


So get serious here. You're not watching the moon landing. It's the halftime show at a fuckin' football game. You're gonna turn down the TV, crank up the stereo, go take a piss and head outside to share a doobie or throw the frisbee or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment