Slouching Towards Oblivion

Saturday, May 07, 2022

Today's Beau

Justin King - Beau Of The Fifth Column

It's hard to convince people to pay attention and react well to a real threat.

The constant gush of nonsense conspiracy fantasies coming from "the right" (along with the Both-Sides thing we get from the Press Poodles) has conditioned us not to view actual threats as serious and credible. We tend to see them as little more than the usual amped-up political rhetoric.

I'm an aging middle class white cis-male Boomer, so I tick all of the "No-Sweat-I'm-Safe" boxes, but this is my fight too.

Because it's only a matter of time before these clowns come after me for whatever reason they gin up on any given day. That's how this shit works.

Like Grandma said: Until we're all free, ain't none of us free.

No comments:

Post a Comment