Slouching Towards Oblivion

Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Just Going For Better

On people's problem with virtue signaling:

Are you complaining that I believe myself to be virtuous, or is it just that I'm stating my values, indicating I think those values are virtuous, and you object to that?

Are you saying you're in opposition to those values, and that we need to hash it out?

We should talk.

Some takeaways:
  1. It's not poverty in America. It's poverty by America
  2. LBJ's War On Poverty reduced the number of poor Americans by 45% in about 10 years
  3. FDR's Social Security has cut Elder Poverty by 90% in some states
  4. Biden's COVID Rescue Plan cut childhood poverty by more than 50% - in about 8 months
  5. 38 million Americans live below the poverty line
  6. 12 million kids live in poverty - almost 1 out of every 6
  7. It's very expensive to be poor in America
Stop speaking the language of Scarcity, and start realizing the language of Plenty.


No comments:

Post a Comment