Sep 5, 2024

Tips

Politics Girl - Leigh McGowan - brings it.

First, I have to indulge in some braggadocio in order to illustrate why I would've been half-a-gazillion% in favor of "No Tax On Tips" back when I was bringing home 6-figure year-end bonuses.

I'm not here to lie to you - it was glorious to the point where I would've jumped at the chance to vote for somebody who promised me that I could save $45,000 on my tax bill ($90,000 in today's money).

Note:
I promise you - the point here is not that I was a great and powerful wizard back then. I thought I was, but of course I wasn't. And neither are these other bozos who've won the career lottery (mostly by sheer dumb luck) who believe their ultra keen acumen and clear-eyed pragmatic deployment of geometric logic sets them apart from blah blah fucking blah.
It's a load of horseshit. It was horseshit then coming from me, and it's horseshit now coming from them.

The point is that there's a lot of guys now who're just like the guy I was then. I guarantee their eyes light up when you tell them they can make even more money than what they're already making just by donating a few thousand dollars to Trump's campaign, and talking shit about all those little people who don't deserve what you've got, because they just don't understand what you understand.

Imagine what goes through a Wall Street hotshot's mind when he stops to contemplate having an extra 3 or 4 million dollars in his pocket come next April.

It's a fucking disease, and we need to stomp on it while we still can.


No comments:

Post a Comment