Sep 20, 2024

Today's Keith

In case you're looking for an explanation for the seeming (ie: straight up fucking obvious) hypocrisy of guys like Mark Robinson - Keith's got it. And it's brilliant.

The key to it all is: They keep a ledger - a balance sheet.

Example:
  • I know the pervy shit I do is sinful, and I deserve punishment for it
  • My punishment will be commensurate to whatever extent I've sinned
  • I have to atone somehow, so I'll punish others for doing the same kind of evil things I'm doing
  • If I punish others to a greater degree for their sins than I'm going to be punished for mine, then I'm ahead on points and it's all good - I'm good.
And suddenly, they're absolved. And they're not just back to even - they're ahead of the game, and they can do more weird shit - and weirder weird shit - than they did before.



Sometimes, the politics of it doesn't make sense because it's not supposed to make sense. And that's bad enough, but it can be understood as relatively simple manipulation - propaganda.

But sometimes, it makes perfect sense to the guy who's pushing whatever shit he's pushing, and if people buy into it and vote for the guy doing that weird shit, that's when we know we're in deep trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment