Slouching Towards Oblivion

Sunday, November 04, 2012

On Climate Change

If you ask me about AGW and Climate Change, my honest answer is that I really don't know.  ie: I don't have the direct first-hand knowledge I need to to be "absolutely sure" of it.

But here's the deal - I'm gonna take the word of Climatologists who are educated and experienced way the fuck before I listen to some coin-operated politician on the subject.

The scientist has to exceed a Certainty Threshold (Confidence Interval) of 95% required by most Peer-Review Processes before his findings are accepted as the prevailing thesis.

The politician has to get 50% plus 1.

So, if your broker came to you saying he had 2 opportunities for you, would you go for the one with a 50.01% shot at working out, or do ya think ya might wanna go with the one at 95%?

C'mon, "conservatives" - you're supposed to be the ones who take a cold, clear-eyed look at this stuff.  What the fuck're you doin'?

No comments:

Post a Comment