Slouching Towards Oblivion

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Ownership Society

Or more accurately: The owners of our society.

The last item on the To-Do List of Capital in the US is to purchase the government, which is all but complete now.



I don't advocate blowing shit up.  I don't condone it; I don't approve of it; I see nothing but rationalized stupidity in a term like Creative Destruction, and it doesn't matter if you apply it to wrecking our manufacturing sector or you try to use it to justify revolution.   I've spent my life trying to learn how to build things up and make them work, so I don't want anybody thinking I see anything noble or heroic in the actions of some jag-off who decides to set fire to something just to watch it burn.

But that's not to say I don't understand the impulse.

No comments:

Post a Comment