Slouching Towards Oblivion

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Suffer The Children

I have some kids, and I've tried to teach them a whole boatload of life lessons.

From--
"please and thank you"
--to--
"no, your socks don't have to match - it just makes it easier when you do the laundry"
--to--
"learn to live your life without needing me or a cop or Jesus looking over your shoulder all the time".

As any parent knows, some of the lessons will stick, while others get thru but don't take hold right away, and the rest just kinda bounce off and may or may not come back around in a (hopefully) benign way later on.

But since my skin is not a particular shade of brown, it never even occurred to me that I should be teaching my kids this:


That's just pretty fucked up right there.


No comments:

Post a Comment