Slouching Towards Oblivion

Monday, January 04, 2016

Give The Lady A Hand

I'm not looking forward to having to vote for Hillary.  I'm down with Bernie and I'll stay with him for as long as I can, but if / when the time comes, I'm not gonna behave like some crackpot wingnut.  We get plenty of that nonsense from the GOP.  This is not the movies; we don't always get everything we want; sometimes we have to go with the least bad option; etc etc etc

And please don't give me the crap about "having to choose between the lesser of two evils".  When faced with that choice, isn't it really kind of an imperative to make every effort to support the lesser of the two evils in an attempt to keep the greater of those two evils out of power?  

Or are you just too fucking stoopid to grasp the basic concept of Greater vs Lesser? 

I very much want Bernie to win it all.

But what I think is actually more important than that is to make sure the Repubs don't win much of anything.

So anyway, Hillary did a townhall thing - always a risk - and of course she got a troll in the audience who stood and heckled her for something, and she nailed the reply:
“You are very rude and I’m not never ever going to call on you. Thank you.”
And in response to the inevitable "what about Bill" question:
"He's not running for President, I am.  And as his wife I've moved on; shouldn't you?"
She'll hit back; she's starting to get that part of her playbook in place.  And she deserves props for that.

2 comments:

  1. We voted for the least bad here in Ontario, and she turned out very bad. Very, very bad. Don't give up on your Bernie. He is the best thing that could happen to your country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear the same with Hillary. So I'm hoping the challenge from Bernie will push her back to the left - which means we might get a touch closer to the middle, since we've been so far to the right for so fucking long. It all gives me a such a headache sometimes.

      Delete