Slouching Towards Oblivion

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Today's Quote

Here's a golden oldie.

Powell gave up his credibility when Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld played him for a sucker and talked him into doing that extraordinarily stoopid dog-n-pony show at the UN as we were being pimped into the Iraq war.

But he did the right thing afterwards and just faded away, which restores at least a bit of his honor in my opinion.  And I think part of that restoration shows in his willingness to stand up and call out the bullshit in the GOP when he sees it.

2 comments:

  1. I was in the Canadian navy when I saw this, this..person, display that vial of water. I saw a used car salesman and recognized sleaze tactics right away. Obviously, the UN didn't see the same scam I did. Oh well, ancient history. No harm, no foul. (snark).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A shameful episode. But hey - we're USAmerica Inc; we own the world; we get to do whatever the fuck we want.

      For what it's worth, world - I'm really sorry about all that. Trying to do better.

      Delete