Slouching Towards Oblivion

Tuesday, August 07, 2018

A Reminder

(versions of this have been floating around for quite a while)

I'm not mad that Hillary lost.
I'm really not concerned that we have differing political preferences.

I don't think less of you because you vote a certain way.

-- I think less of you because you watched an adult mock a disabled person in front of a crowd and you still supported him.
-- I think less of you because you heard him spouting clearly racist language, and you stood with him.
-- I think less of you because you listened to him speak in favor of committing war crimes, and you still wanted him to lead our government.
-- I think less of you because you watched as he reduced a woman's worth to nothing but her appearance, and you got on board with him.
-- I think less of you because your loyalties lie with your political tribe instead of our national family.

It isn't your politics that I find repulsive. It's your willingness to side with a traitorous Daddy State bully - to indulge his bigotry, his misogyny, his cruelty, and his treachery; which leaves me only to surmise that you embrace those characteristics as your own.

So no - we will not be coming together to move forward, or whatever.

Trump disgusts me, but the simple fact that he doesn't disgust you is why these particular bygones will never be bygones. ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment