Slouching Towards Oblivion

Friday, September 06, 2019

Don't Get Happy


I'll take a nickel for every time somebody's tried to patronize me with something like - 

"Oh, Mike - you're so angry..." 
or 
"Geez, how can you live your life with such hatred in your heart?" 
or 
"Man, you gotta lighten up - you're gonna give yourself a stroke..." 
or
"Don't you just get tired of being so upset about everything all day every day?"

My main question in response is: Why would I not make every possible sacrifice in defense of my country?

No - I'm not tired at all - not even close.

  • I will stay angry.
  • I will maintain this healthy level of outrage.
  • I will not normalize an illegitimate presidency.
  • I will not be silent in the face of racism and other attempts to Divide-n-Conquer.
  • I will not accede to a president who is corrupt and morally bereft.
  • I will not stop defending democracy.
  • I will not stop resisting efforts to replace our form of self-government with plutocracy.
  • I will not stop telling the Daddy State to fuck off.

hat tip = @ananavarro




No comments:

Post a Comment