Slouching Towards Oblivion

Thursday, March 26, 2020

A Joke

On the morning of January 21, 2021, an older gent strode up to the White House gate and said he'd like to meet with President Trump.

The Marine guard said, "Sorry sir, I can't admit you without clearance, and Mr Trump is no longer the president."

The next day, the old guy showed up again and asked to see President Trump.

And again, the Marine guard said, "Sorry sir, I can't admit you without clearance, and Mr Trump is no longer the president."

This went on for another 5 days, and finally, the guard said, "Sir - you've been here every morning for a week, and every morning I've told you that you can't come in without clearance and that Mr Trump is no longer the president. May I ask - what's up with that, sir?"

And the old man replied, with a slight glistening in his eye, "I just really enjoy hearing you tell me that fat slob isn't the president anymore - thank you, son."

The guard snapped to, saluted, and said, "Roger that, sir - see you tomorrow."

hat tip = driftglass

No comments:

Post a Comment