Slouching Towards Oblivion

Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Overheard

"...and if you still don't think of him as your president, then you better not cash the check he's sending you..."

Dude - c'mon - not only will I be cashing that check, I'll be laughing my ass off the whole way into town, knowing that every check I get is an open admission from this administration - as well as from every Republican - that trickle-down economics has failed again, and that these clear-eyed steel-nerved social Darwinists have had to fall back on a radical left idea like Minimum Basic Income to keep this joint from goin' tits up for-fuckin'-ever.

Seriously, what part of your feverish brain can make you believe I won't enjoy getting back a thousand of my tax dollars in the form of a check that basically says, "Ya'll were right - we was lyin' about that shit the whole time" on the memo line?

2 comments:

  1. I am not only cashing the check, I am using part of it to donate to my favorite D candidates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good plan, Terri - and thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete