Slouching Towards Oblivion

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

How Great I Art

Yeah, there's a bit of self-congratulating to be done here, but I think the real point is that I tweeted about wanting to take down Brett Kavanaugh, and the thing kinda blew up.




First of course - I know the response is not exactly monumental, but it's pretty damned great for a putzy little nobody like me.

Second though, it's not just the number of people who jumped on it - they retweeted it and they liked the fuck out of it - which is, in itself, gratifying and all - but the thing I've noticed is that most of the people doing the liking and the retweeting are women - like a huge percentage of them are women.

So maybe I don't get to draw big conclusions just from that, but I can't help but think there's a boatload of women out there in Voterland who're still very much engaged, and still pretty fucking mad about what's been happening.

And maybe they're willing to save our dumb asses one more time.

2 comments:

  1. As the father of a sexual assault surviver, I get incensed over people who we know who did it, but never get punished.

    The police never got the two rapists and my daughter is still fucked up almost a decade later. It really messed a woman up.

    If I tweeted I would have supported your twet too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damn. I'm really sorry you all had to go through that. It's hard for me to imagine where you'd even start trying to get past something like that.
      Seems like every time I turn around, I hear about someone else having to live with that trauma - often it's someone within just a few degrees of separation. It pisses me off and it hurts my heart.
      Hoping for the best for you and yours.

      Delete