Slouching Towards Oblivion

Monday, March 14, 2022

Green Shoots


Russian Spring is coming.
ПРИБЛИЖАЕТСЯ РУССКАЯ ВЕСНА

Meet Marina Ovsyannikova  (Марина Овсянникова)

What she did:

Her sign says:
Stop the war
Don't believe the propaganda
You are being lied to here

And she has more to tell us:


What's happening in Ukraine right now is a crime, and Russia is the aggressor state. The responsibility for this aggression lies on the conscience of a single person, and that person is Vladimir Putin.

My father is Ukrainian, my mother is Russian. They were never enemies. This necklace I'm wearing symbolizes that Russia should immediately stop this fratricidal war, and our brotherly nations will be able to make peace with each other.

Unfortunately for the past years I've been working on Channel 1, spreading Kremlin's propaganda, and I am now terribly ashamed of myself for that. I'm ashamed for allowing myself to speak the lies from the screens of TVs. Ashamed for letting Russian people get zombified.

We stayed silent in 2014, when it all began. We did not go out to protest when Kremlin poisoned Navalny. We just quietly observed this inhumane regime. And now the entire world has turned away from us, and ten generations of our descendants won't be able to wash away the shame of this fratricidal war.

We, the Russian people, are a thinking, smart nation. Only we can stop this madness. Go out and protest. They can't imprison us all.

2 comments:

  1. The woman is now missing. Big surprise. Her lawyer reports he ca no longer find her. Hope she is hiding.

    ReplyDelete