Slouching Towards Oblivion

Friday, September 02, 2022

Today's Bidening

A farmer hears the guy on the radio saying there's a bad flood coming his way. He says to himself, "I'm a god-fearing man - I go to church - I have faith that god will save me."

The water rises and the farmer retreats to his porch.

A sheriff's deputy stops by as the road is beginning to flood and offers to take him to safety. The farmer replies, "I'm a god-fearing man - I go to church - I have faith that god will save me." And the deputy drives away.

The water rises and the farmer retreats to a room upstairs.

A man comes by in a boat and offers to take him to safety. The farmer replies, "I'm a god-fearing man - I go to church - I have faith that god will save me." The man in the boat motors away.

The water rises and the farmer is up on his roof, barely hanging on. A helicopter appears with a rope ladder. The farmer waves them off, yelling, "I'm a god-fearing man - I go to church - I have faith that god will save me." The helicopter flies away.

The water surges, destroying the farmer's house and washing him down river to a watery grave.

The farmer arrives at the pearly gates to find god waiting for him. The farmer says, "I was a god-fearing man - I went to church - I had faith - why didn't you save me?"

God replies, "I sent a car, a boat, and a helicopter - what the fuck you are doing here?"

Joe POTUS brought the fire last night, and today, Republicans are still insisting he's being mean to them. They're trying to spin it, saying he's the one being divisive - that he wants us to hate "half the country" and blah blah blah.

First - not "half the country". Gotta admire a buncha numb-nuts who look at maybe 10 or 15 percent of the country, then turn around and try to sell the notion that it's actually "half".
(I'm not sure "admire" is the right word, but that's what I've got for now)

Second - if you're not among the fascist assholes Biden's talking about, then don't go gettin' any knots in your Underoos.

Third (and kinda the big one) - Biden keeps offering the "mainstream old guard GOP" a way out of the totally fucked up mess they've gotten themselves into (see car, boat, helicopter above).

But it's like they've become frozen in place, which is the basic problem with the kind of monumental ego some of these clods have always had, or develop over a career spent figuring out what ass to kiss and how deep into the shit they need to dive without blowing it all up or revealing to the world what craven, opportunistic, cynically manipulative transactional assholes they really are.

So here's the speech:

No comments:

Post a Comment