Slouching Towards Oblivion

Sunday, February 12, 2023

Today's Optics

This is what we call "insidious".


Sarah Huckabee Sanders is, in fact, the 47th Governor of Arkansas. And in my humble opinion, she's running for the GOP nomination to be the 47th POTUS.

There's no fluke or happy happenstance here. The subliminal messaging is simply too coincidental to be simple coincidence.

She was tagged to do the SOTU response, and DumFux News is pimping her hard.

Here, Shannon Bream serves up a whole platter of softballs for Huckabee to do the followup thing.


Some "highlights"

"Empower parents - not doing what's best for the schools, but what's best for the students."
Translation: "We will continue to encourage vigilantes to harass school boards, and my administration will capitalize on this manufactured discontent by accelerating privatization."

"Make sure we're not using culturally insensitive language"
Translation: "Make sure white people stay comfortable in their racism."

"I'm focused on delivering what we promised."
Translation: "I'll keep saying I'm thinking about my task at hand, and deliberately not say I'm not going to run for POTUS in 2024."

Nothing says "committed to my keeping my promises" quite like pretending not to be looking to renege on your commitment to serve out your 4 year term as Governor in order to plow the road back to Washington DC.

No comments:

Post a Comment