Slouching Towards Oblivion

Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Today's Today


Donald Trump will be arraigned on a boatload of federal felony charges today, and I have to go out on a limb right here and say I don't expect the kind of MAGA shittiness that lots of people (ie: Press Poodles) have been angsting about.

With almost a thousand arrests, trials, &/or convictions stemming from that mess on Jan6, I have to believe the chill is on. For some, doing time in a federal lock-up reinforces their belief that they're being victimized by 'da gubmint', but for most, it tends to focus your mind on how stupidly you've behaved as you begin to realize that Trump is the one who made you a victim in order to serve his own venal ambitions.

That's not to say some of those idiots aren't planning some more shit - there's always enough assholes around who get themselves, and each other, whipped into a rich creamy lather and decide they need to go fuck something up. I'm just saying government has responded the way I expect government to respond, in getting organized and doing what they can to meet the threat.

BTW, there have been times I've hated the feds for getting organized and moving against people like me when I thought I was doing things what normal citizens are supposed to do.

But this is not the same. There is no equivalence on this.

I was politicking against Bush43 and his fucked up war in Iraq; I was doing nothing like plotting violent action; and while there were some shitty things being done to peaceful protesters, most of our worst paranoia was unfounded. (most)

Now we've got non-peaceful protesters, who are plotting violence, and a government taking mostly appropriate action. (mostly appropriate - never ever put your full trust in people who wield governmental power)

So anyway, Trump will be arraigned today and it'll be a big Circus Of The Stoopid, and some of the more rabid of the MAGA rubes will tumble and stumble and rock the jungle - and nothing will happen except that a crooked ex-POTUS will continue his long slow fall that's been coming since the King Of The Tiny Dick Flimflammers was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment