Slouching Towards Oblivion

Sunday, December 17, 2023

But It Won't Stick - Prob'ly

When Romney did basically the same thing in 2012, it kinda stuck - partly because Romney had a tiny smidgen of honor, so he tried to spin it.

Trump will likely keep doing what he always does - ie: "I was joking". But it's just as likely he'll also go with another of his usual things where he simply denies it, declaiming it as "fake" or "it's a deep fake" or whatever his Daddy State instinct tells him he should do.


4. They change the meaning of words to suit their needs.
a) if it's false but it works in my favor, then it's true
b) if it's true but it works against me, then it's false

5. They change the historical record.
“you didn’t see what you saw"
"what happened isn’t what happened"
“you didn't hear me say what you heard me say”


No comments:

Post a Comment