Slouching Towards Oblivion

Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Today's Nerdy Thing

Sometimes knowing too much about how something is done kinda spoils the magic. For me, it just makes the magic more amazing. Especially when it's about the magic of music.

I can sing a little, and I've been banging around on my guitar for a good long time, and while I can usually play &/or sing the right notes at the right time, it only occasionally results in what I can reasonably call "real music".

So when I get a chance to see how that "real music" is made, I'm at once tickled by the beauty and the spectacle of it all - plus it's always good to learn something new - and I can see a very good excuse for not being better at it myself. Taken together, that's actually pretty comforting for me.

Aimee Nolte explains:




No comments:

Post a Comment