Slouching Towards Oblivion

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Tax Cut Fight

Austen Goolsby explains it all.

Look guys, I really wanna go along, and I really wanna believe the prez is worth the effort. So this is a pretty good pitch, but I'm still wondering if it's real or if it's just a pitch. Maybe I've been more affected by the 8 years of abuse under the Jr Bush administration than I'm ready to admit. Dunno.

I think the biggest flaw in the argument here is that Obama can make the case against the top 2% tax cut in 2012. If the economy gets better, the Repubs will have no problem saying it got better because they forced Obama to take their deal, and that we can't possibly raise taxes now that things are finally getting better. And remember, Repubs don't need facts - they'll just make shit up, and the rubes will happily follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment