Slouching Towards Oblivion

Sunday, February 26, 2023

More Ukraine


Majorities in both parties, and in both houses, support helping Ukraine.

A lot of the money allocated "for Ukraine" goes to US companies so they can ramp up production and replace the stocks we're sending them.

So when Repubs say "stop the funding", one very important thing they're saying is that they want Americans out of work. (at about 11:35)

I was slammed on Twitter for "warmongering", and I can admit there's an element of that in what I want to see happen, but I think it's very much outweighed by the need for everybody to stand up and fight the best they can.

I haven't changed my default position of wanting to defuse and de-escalate, because I don't like the kind of fight where people bleed and die.

But my dad did manage to instill a little Galahad in me, and sometimes, ya just gotta punch some joker right in the face to straighten him out.

Anyway -


Walter Isaacson interviews Julia Ioffe

No comments:

Post a Comment