Aug 22, 2024

Today's TweeXt

I've had the great good fortune to have known a few teachers and coaches and mentors like Tim Walz. And I've grown old with the understanding of how important it is to have guys like that in our lives.

Walz did the obligatory shoutout to his wife and kids last night. And I'm chokin' up a little typing this right now, because his son Gus stood up, along with his sister Hope and his mom Gwen, and with tears in his eyes, he pointed and yelled, "That's my dad". And the world learned something big about that whole family.

Pay attention, kids. We've never seen anything like this - not that I can remember anyway - and with a little luck and a lot of work, it could be a good long time before we have to be reminded again about what really matters in this big fat fucked up world.


Now it's personal.

No comments:

Post a Comment